Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Columbia through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Columbia outerwear, all opinions are my own.”
Columbia was nice enough to send me their Turbo Jacket and Minx Boots and asked me how I stay active out doors in the winter. While the cold, nasty polar-vortex can be a bit of a deterrent (hello hot yoga class….), I still find time to enjoy life in the chilly outdoors:
- Running – Quite possibly one of my favorite outdoor activities in the winter. It gets your blood flowing, and the crisp air feels amazing. Just be sure to wear shoes with good traction….you don’t want to end up twisting an ankle on some black ice! Natural light is also at a minimum so ensure you have some sort of reflective clothing if you are running after work.
- Ice Skating – In heavy metropolis areas, ice rinks pop up all over the city. Use this as an opportunity as a great date night and workout for those thigh muscles. It’s a great excuse to grab a guy and get some hot chocolate afterwards.
- Playing – Who says you have to be a kid to play? Making snow angels, building snowmen, snowball fights, and sledding can all be a great way to burn those calories with or without kids. Work on that lower body by finding an awesome hill to truck up and have a blast on the way down.
- Hiking – Another great activity that is low impact to the joints is hiking. Whether it’s with your family or loved one (human or fur-child), take advantage of a low-wind day to stroll through the woods. Just ensure that you have a great pair of boots and plenty of warming layers….you’re not going to be getting that heart rate up as much as other activities so dress a little warmer!
- Shoveling Snow – Yes…this is tedious labor that has to be done…but at least you get to work on your shoulders, right? Just ensure you are using those leg muscles so you don’t end up pulling your back!
I had an opportunity to test out the Turbodown Jacket, and I’m so ready for winter! Here’s a little additional info about the jacket:
Packing serious heat for the active winter adventurer, this progressive women’s jacket is outfitted with our performance-enhanced down—a combination of Omni-Heat® synthetic insulation and 800-fill goose down for ultimate lightweight warmth and heat retention, even when wet. The rich, water-resistant shell fabric has a lovely sheen, and the clean, flattering design will take you from mountain to street with ease.
I love the bold color of the jacket. I picked the red hue, and it was definitely more electric than expected (in a good way!) I like that it is such a pop of color, and the reflective lining will keep me nice and warm.
The Minx boots were super comfy. They do run a little small so consider sizing up! Here’s what Columbia has to say about the Minx Boots:
It's like a jacket for your feet. Whimsy meets technology in this versatile, lightweight boot. The waterproof woven synthetic quilted upper boasts a winter-inspired print, touches of faux-fur at collar and tongue, and 200g’s of insulation. Add to that thermal reflective lining and you’ve got a natural wonder.
I love the light color of the boots. I feel like it will match a ton of different combinations while being functional with the cozy lining and thick rubber soles. I’m going to be getting a lot of use out of these boots during the winter season without worrying that I’m going to land on my keister!
Thank you so much Columbia! I was needing a new puffer jacket this winter, and I’m really excited to be wearing the Turbodown Jacket and Minx Boots during our upcoming winter!
Check out Columbia for more product information on their Turbodown Jacket and Minx Boots.
<img src=’http://ad.doubleclick.net/N5485/ad/sugar.pop/track;adv=columbiabso1028;sz=1x1;?’ width=’0’ height=’0’ border=’0’?